Just to get all the assumptions out on the table:

- The 6509 Supervisor console port takes a standard black or blue Cisco
rollover cable
to connect to your terminal or terminal emulator. You connect the
"CAB-OCTAL-ASYNC="
cable from your 2620 directly to the console port and it should work,
providing the
router/terminal server is set up correctly.

- If you are using redundant Supervisors in the 6509 only the active one
will respond.
-
1. Am I assuming correctly that you have directly connected your laptop (or
other
terminal emulator) to the 6509 Supervisor console port with success?
2. Can you connect from your 2620 to other console ports successfully (for
example, to
the console port on another Cisco router or a Catalyst 2429XL)?

Here's a basic terminal server guide in a nutshell.

The basic config for the router:
!
ip host cat6509 2033 10.0.15.254
ip host voice   2034 10.0.15.254
!
line 33 64
 transport input all
!

>From the 2620 privileged mode prompt you can type "cat6509", hit Enter, and
you will
shortly be at the console prompt. This is equivalent to "telnet 10.0.15.254
2033". If
you can't connect, try "clear line n", where "n" is the line number from the
output of
the command "show line."  To disconnect from the session hold down the keys
"ctrl+shift+6" all together, let go, and type an "x". You should be back at
the terminal
server's privileged prompt. You can see which sessions are open on the 2620
terminal
server by typing "show sessions." You can disconnect session 1 by typing
"disconnect 1"
or "disc 1."

HTH,

Jonathan