I think mine may take a little longer to boot up, especially on Mondays

                -----Original Message-----
                From:   Wilson, Bradley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
                Sent:   Wednesday, August 08, 2001 12:10 PM
                To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                Subject:        RE: Why Should the Binary Math Method Be
Used to Subnet [7:15314]

                Are you allowed to take a subnet calculator into *any*
certification test?
                If your network is crashing and (for some reason) you need
to do some quick
                binary math to solve the problem, do you really have time to
wait to run
                back to your desk and launch (or perhaps even download
first) a subnet
                calculator program?  Will subnet calculators know enough to
ask the
                questions that you don't know to ask regarding a given
situation?

                In my opinion, the only calculator one should depend on for
everyday binary
                math problems in networking should be the one located
between one's ears.
                With a little bit of practice, it's dependable, reliable,
and takes an
                amazingly short time to boot up. ;-)

                BJ