After working with the TAC for two days to resolve this issue the problem
turned out to
be that the router that goes between the server and the PIX had policy based
routing
enabled that was sending the SYN ACK packets out another port on the
router.  One more
line in the access list and presto!  The original packets were making it all
the way to
the server but replys went elsewhere.  The line of code for the NAT in the
PIX was
perfectly correct.

Thanks to all those who replied, and now we know the answer.

Kevin