You might want to consider a subscription to CertificationZone.  It has
some great papers available and the test questions were great
preparation.  In fact, they were more difficult than the real exam.  My
score on the actual exam ended up being 7% higher than my highest
CertificationZone test score, so that gives you an idea of how hard they
are.  They tend to be more in-depth than the real thing, as well.

I would also read Internet Routing Architectures a few times.  :-)
You'll most likely get a handful of BGP questions so make sure you study
up on that topic.

One thing I did was to go through the exam blueprint and break each
topic down into subtopics and then made a checklist (others on the list
have posted their checklists, as well).  I used that as my study guide
and I made sure to get information from at *least* two sources--usually
three--for each topic listed.

Flavor this soup with info from CCO and you should do just fine.

Good luck!

John

>>> "Patrick Donlon"  8/15/01 8:57:49 AM

I'm slowly starting to get back into reading for the R&S written exam
after
starting a new job and I've made a rough list of what will guide me too
and
hopefully through the exam.

I've started on Doyle's Routing TCP/IP vol 1,
next I've got the Token ring white paper from CCprep and OSPF design
guide
from CCO,
planning on getting CCIE R&S Exam cram book and Boson tests 1,2 and
maybe 3.

Obviously everyone has a different approach to an exam but if there are
any
major topics I'm missing out on please let me know and also
recommendations
on the exam preparation book,

cheers

Pat