You know, you remind me of an argument I always have with Pete
Welcher:  is the student population binary-literate?  If for no other
reason, I will point ou the significance of a one expressed as a
raised middle finger, as opposed to a raised fist as a zero.

Admittedly, there are variants, just as there are different storage
devices.  A single upraised little finger is reserved "for those who
don't deserve the very best."  A middle finger extended but held
horizontally is "for the horse you rode in on."  The horizontal
middle finger moving up and down in a sinusoidal pattern suggests
"this is for the kangaroo that you came in with.: