Hello colleagues,

this might be an 4open door4 question: I have two Cat5509s, and I am in the
process of installing a redundant supervisor engine into both. The first one
works fine, since the Supervisor engines are exactly the same, including the
firmware version. On the other Cat5500, the newly inserted Supervisor
doesn4t go into the 4standby4 status. The difference between the currently
active Supervisor and the redundant one is that the firmware version on the
redundant one is 5.x.x, while on the active one it is 4.x.x. In addition,
the currently active one says 1000BaseLX Supervisor, while the one I
inserted is a Supervisor III. Does anybody know if there is a compatibility
matrix for this ?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Hans