From: Andy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2001 6:48 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: VPN to PIX using Win2000 or Millennium?? [7:16452]

Hi

Does anyone know if it is possible to set up a VPN using either Windows 2000
or Millennium to connect to a corporate PIX without using any Cisco client
software?

I believe it is possible but haven't had any luck in getting it to work.

I have it working great using NT with the Cisco Secure VPN client, which
unfortunately doesn't run on the newer versions of Windows. I've also been
told this is because the newer versions of Windows don't need it as they
have this capability built in.

I've done the usual setting up the VPN part on Windows but to my mind there
seems to be a lot of options missing that would allow you to get it to work
properly, such as ESP and AHP settings, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy