Wojtek,

Hi!  IF you're putting together a CCIE lab, I would recommend starting with
some 2500 series routers.  The 16xx and 17xx are alright, but they dont run
Enterprise IOS code.  A good way to start your home lab would be with a
couple of 2501s and another 25xx with at least 4 serial ports that would be
used as your frame-switch.  After that, you'd want to add a reverse telnet
device (2509, 2510, 2511, or 2512).  From there, you'd probably want to add
a catalyst switch and then some ISDN gear.  That should be a good base CCIE
lab. You could rent online rack time for the ATM and Voice portions.

After all is said and done, your budget you can spend on your lab will
really detemine the hardware that is in it.  For my CCIE studies, I spent
over $25k for my home lab and rented online rack time for the ATM portion.

You can email me offline for pricing on any router or combination of
routers.

thanks,
-Brad Ellis
CCIE#5796