i Had this happen to me.

My symptoms were you could execute the break sequence but the rest of the
keyboard is unresponsive.
whether trying to break into the router or normal console as i could see the
boot up sequence when reset.

This happened with  2 of my routers.

So i used another computer and was able to console in with no problems.

i put it down to my serial ports or UARTS on the serial ports of the PC had
gone
on the blink.

Just something weird to note for further use.