I was trying to set up accesslists on an interface on a 2948G-L3 switch last
night for an hour to no avail. The switch showed my access-list when doing a
sh ip int fa47 and the list was correct. I even applied a new list stating
only deny ip any any. Traffic still came through . It was applied correctly
as inbound as well. I did show logging and saw:

45w4d: ACL card not present for interface FastEthernet47
45w4d: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by vty0 (172.16.10.100)
45w4d: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by vty0 (172.16.10.100)
45w4d: ACL card not present for interface FastEthernet47
45w4d: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by vty0 (172.16.10.100)

It looks like I need and ACL card. I never heard of this, has anyone else?
This is an $8000 switch capable of CEF, MLS and a while bunch of other
features.
Please don't tell that with all these features it can't do access-lists as
is. Its classified as a distrubution layer switch, where ironically Cisco
says to put your access-lists in their design model and I can't seem to get
it going.

any help would be appreciated...

sam sneed