If you're running a later version of the 2924XL software, do the
following:

conf t
 int vlan2
 ip add 000.111.222.333 255.255.255.0
 management

This will make VLAN2 your management VLAN.  In the older versions (like
11.x) I have no idea how to do this.  The 'management' command is
unavailable so you guess is as good as mine.

HTH,
John

>>> "Wilson, Christian"  8/22/01
3:58:15 PM >>>
I have a 2924xl-en switch that has been erased and reloaded, all the
VTP and
VLAN settings are at default.  When I assign an IP address to VLAN 2,
the
command is taken but the interface will not come up, even after issuing
a no
shutdown command.  I am trying to put the management interface in a
different vlan like you would on a cat 5000 series.  Does VLAN 1 have
to be
used as the mgmt interface on a 2924xl-en??