From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Wilson, Christian
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 5:58 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: 2924xl-en management interface [7:16899]

I have a 2924xl-en switch that has been erased and reloaded, all the VTP
and
VLAN settings are at default.  When I assign an IP address to VLAN 2,
the
command is taken but the interface will not come up, even after issuing
a no
shutdown command.  I am trying to put the management interface in a
different vlan like you would on a cat 5000 series.  Does VLAN 1 have to
be
used as the mgmt interface on a 2924xl-en??