Ok, give me the whole scenario.  I still do not understand what the
underlying goal here is.

Start with the problem you are trying to solve and what you have tried thus
far as far as solutions.

-Patrick

>>> "Leigh Anne Chisholm"  08/23/01 12:42PM >>>
Okay, let's say I have a switch.  Then how would that change things?  You
can't specify ISL encapsulation on a subinterface on an Ethernet interface.
You can't assign an IP address on an Ethenet subinterface either because you
get that darned message, "Configuring IP routing on a LAN subinterface is
only allowed if that subinterface is already configured as part of an IEEE
802.10, IEEE 802.1Q, or ISL vLAN."  There is no encapsulation command
available for an Ethernet interface in interface configuration mode.

Someone suggested configuring the outside translated address on a loopback
interface.  I don't know if this will or won't work because I'm just not
familiar enough with NAT and I'm behind on a project so I really don't have
time to learn the ins and outs and look for a solution myself.  I was hoping
someone else had been down this road and could help out.

  -- Leigh Anne