From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Brian
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2001 7:51 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: CHALLENGE PROBLEM (was Re: For FR Grus.... [7:16635]) [7:16659]

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Cisco Lover wrote:

> Hi Guys..
>
> Come with some New Queston..

hmm, ok, so your looking for some challenging questions? Ok, I will post
one, its got FR in it.  First I'll post the problem, followed by the
config:

THE PROBLEM
===========
Users on DLCI's 200, 224, 201, 225 cannot communicate to eachother.  They
can talk just fine to the rest of the network, but no packets can pass
between them.  Later discovery reveals that so long as they are on
different layer 3 network addressing, communcation can occur, but if they
are on the same network, such as 192.168.3.0, then they cannot communicate

What is the problem?  I will reply to let everyone know who got the
correct answer.

Below is the configuration:

!
version 11.3
!
interface Ethernet2/0
 ip address 192.168.1.242 255.255.255.0
!
interface Serial4/0
 no ip address
 encapsulation frame-relay IETF
 keepalive 15
 frame-relay map bridge 200 broadcast IETF
 frame-relay map bridge 224 broadcast IETF
 frame-relay map bridge 201 broadcast IETF
 frame-relay map bridge 225 broadcast IETF
 frame-relay lmi-type ansi
 bridge-group 1
!
interface BVI1
 ip address 192.168.3.242 255.255.255.0 secondary
 ip address 192.168.2.242 255.255.255.0

!
router igrp 1
 network 192.1.0.0
 network 192.2.0.0
 network 193.3.0.0
!
ip classless
!
bridge irb
 bridge 1 protocol ieee
 bridge 1 route ip
!

> For eg,
> our FR switch is setup for Full mesh,But out network is setup as Hub &
Spoke

    I'm buying / selling used CISCO gear!!
            email me for a quote

Brian Feeny, CCIE #8036   Scarlett Parria
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
318-213-4709              318-213-4701

Netjam, LLC               http://www.netjam.net
333 Texas St.             VISA/MC/AMEX/COD
Suite 1401                30 day warranty
Shreveport, LA 71101      Cisco Channel Partner
toll free: 866-2NETJAM
phone:     318-212-0245
fax:       318-212-0246