Thanks everyone, I have fixed the rommon booting problem and the RSM now
boots the image. The main issue was my understanding (or lack thereof) of
the config-register. For some reason, I thought the value displayed in "show
versions" was the value you were -supposed- to set the config-register
to...I didn't realize that show versions simply displays what the register
is currently set to. Once I booted the flash image manually via rommon, I
then executed:

RSM-5500(config)# boot system flash slot0:c5rsm-isv-mz.113-5.WA4.8.bin

Which then boots that image from slot0. Later I copied the image to
bootflash via

RSM-5500# copy slot0:c5rsm-isv-mz.113-5.WA4.8.bin
bootflash:c5rsm-isv-mz.113-5.WA4.8.bin

and then I cleared the slot0 card by deleting the files on it and then doing
a squeeze to wipe them permanently. Booting off the boot flash is faster
than the PCMCIA card, correct?

Thanks again,
Sean

""Daniel Cotts""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> An RSM is similar to an RSP in a 7500 series router. From rommon it looks
by
> default for a boot image in the bootflash. If you have a boot bootldr
"image
> name" line in your config it will use that. It then loads the boot image.
It