Chuck,

It looks pretty good, I am assuming the other side is configured similar.
I'd put "source-bridge spanning" under the to0, unless you have some
reason for not doing so.

Brian

On Sun, 26 Aug 2001, Chuck Larrieu wrote:

> I'm working on a scenario ( end to end bridging ) and due to my equipment
> limitations, I am forced to do SRB/TB on one of my routers in order to test
> what I want to test.
>
> the token ring side does not want to communicate with the ethernet side.
>
> I have read through Cisco documentation on setting this up. ( not that the
> config guides are very detailed. ironically, the best advice I found in the
> config guide is "don't do this" :-> )
>
> can't get from TR host to ethernet host.
>
> following are the relevant configurations and show outputs.
>
> can someone provide additional information? a working config?
>
> thanks
>
> Chuck
>
> --------------
>
> no ip routing
> source-bridge enable-80d5
> source-bridge ring-group 10
> source-bridge transparent 10 2 1 1
> no source-bridge transparent 10 fastswitch
> !
> interface Serial0
> no ip address
> encapsulation frame-relay
> no ip route-cache
> no fair-queue
> frame-relay map bridge 521 broadcast IETF
> frame-relay lmi-type cisco
> bridge-group 1
>
> interface TokenRing0
> no ip address
> no ip route-cache
> ring-speed 4
> source-bridge 1 1 10
> !
> bridge 1 protocol ieee
>

> Bridge Group 1 is executing the IEEE compatible Spanning Tree protocol
>   Bridge Identifier has priority 32768, address 0000.30e2.22e4
>   Configured hello time 2, max age 20, forward delay 15
>   We are the root of the spanning tree
>   Topology change flag not set, detected flag not set
>   Times:  hold 1, topology change 30, notification 30
>           hello 2, max age 20, forward delay 15, aging 300
>   Timers: hello 2, topology change 0, notification 0
>
> Port 3 (Serial0 Frame Relay) of bridge group 1 is forwarding
>    Port path cost 647, Port priority 128
>    Designated root has priority 32768, address 0000.30e2.22e4
>    Designated bridge has priority 32768, address 0000.30e2.22e4
>    Designated port is 3, path cost 0
>    Timers: message age 0, forward delay 0, hold 0
>
> Port 8 (RingGroup10) of bridge group 1 is forwarding
>    Port path cost 10, Port priority 0
>    Designated root has priority 32768, address 0000.30e2.22e4
>    Designated bridge has priority 32768, address 0000.30e2.22e4
>    Designated port is 8, path cost 0
>    Timers: message age 0, forward delay 0, hold 0
>
> R5#sh source
>
> Local Interfaces:                           receive     transmit
>              srn bn  trn r p s n  max hops     cnt         cnt        drops
> To0            1  1   10 * * b    7  7  7        0           0          0
>
> Global RSRB Parameters:
> TCP Queue Length maximum: 100
>
> Ring Group 10:
> [...]
    I'm buying / selling used CISCO gear!!
            email me for a quote

Brian Feeny, CCIE #8036   Netjam, LLC
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         http://www.netjam.net
VISA/MC/AMEX/COD          phone: 318-212-0245
30 day warranty           fax:   318-212-0246