From: Ednilson Rosa [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2001 5:04 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Could not ping 127.0.0.1 [7:17317]

On Cisco routers you must explicitly assign a loopback interface. If you
want it to be 127.0.0.1 you must do like this:

conf t
int loopback1
ip address 127.0.0.1 255.255.0.0

Then you will be able to ping yourself at this address.

The automatic "well known" loopback is valid only for nic cards and other
devices where you wouldn't be able to setup a loopback by other means.

Regards,

Ednilson Rosa