In a message dated 8/27/01 9:10:48 PM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Subj:     RE: Could not ping 127.0.0.1 [7:17317]
 Date:  8/27/01 9:10:48 PM Central Daylight Time
 From:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chuck Larrieu)
 Sender:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 To:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Chuck,
I agree........how in the hell do you assign a loop int with the NIC
loopback
127.0.0.1?!?!?
:)
Rob H.      NP, DP, blah,blah,blah..........

 hhhhmmmm.......

 MANAGER#conf t
 Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
 MANAGER(config)#int loop 100
 MANAGER(config-if)#ip addr 127.0.0.1 255.0.0.0
 Not a valid host address - 127.0.0.1 <<============= my router still doesn't
 like this
 MANAGER(config-if)#

 were you using a particular router model or particular IOS version when you
 tried this?

 Chuck