How positive are you that they are in the correct slots?  I know since
these are in order from left to right it would be hard to mess up, but
not impossible.  On other 2500 models they are more confusing, but not
on the 2501.  As long as from left to right you have FW1 and then FW2
you should be just fine.

Are they inserted all the way, flush into their mounts?  I've had
situations where they weren't quite seated correctly and this caused
some problems.   I really don't know what else could be causing this
except perhaps you fried your router with static electricity.  ;-)
Let's hope that's not the case.

Good luck, and I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help...

John

>>> "Rik Thomas"  8/27/01 10:08:00 AM >>>
I replaced the boot roms in a 2501, they are in the correct slots,
even
tried two different sets.  I can not get a console window.  All the
directions say don't pay attention to the jumpers.  Any other tricks
that
I might be missing?  Thanks..

--
Rik Thomas