If all that is wanted is 3-5 ips, I'd probably look for a business class
dsl offering if possible.  Then services/servers could be hosted and
allowed.  Going to Arin for a request this small is inappropriate.
Alternatively, if you're a little more serious you could buy colo space,
they'd provide you with ips and give better network stability.

Brian "Sonic" Whalen
Success = Preparation + Opportunity