Yep, Brian is right.  TCP and UDP echo are not the same as an ICMP echo
request and echo reply.  In cisco terminology they are called small
servers and I really don't know what they're used for, except perhaps
some troubleshooting.  They seem to be pretty useless and it's a good
idea to turn them off.

no service tcp-small-servers
no service udp-small-servers

Anyway, as your list is currently constructed, this traffic is what
you're blocking, not ICMP.

HTH,
John

>>> "Brian Whalen"  8/29/01 4:45:42 PM >>>
think u wanna replace tcp with icmp to block pings..

Brian "Sonic" Whalen
Success = Preparation + Opportunity