also, want to state that blocking all icmp may or may not be appropriate
depending on your level of paranoia.  Some useful info is relayed via
icmp.  You may want to try something like this.

permit icmp from monitoring hosts
deny icmp echo requests
permit other icmp

There was an article in Sysadmin magazine a few months back that talked in
greater detail about icmp types.

Brian "Sonic" Whalen
Success = Preparation + Opportunity