I've already replied once and it appears my advice was not taken.  :-)
Let me be more specific!

The 2500 series has a bootable image stored on boot ROMs.  Let the
router boot normally.  If there is no image present it should boot to
the config helper image stored on the boot ROMs.  From there, using
standard IOS commands, specify your default gateway and copy the image
to flash using tftp.

If you have a tftp server running on a laptop or PC, connect the router
to the PC with a crossover cable and get the image from there.  As long
as you have network connectivity, just define your default gateway and
copy the image as usual.  If you continue to have problems, please let
me know and I'd be glad to help.

HTH,
John

>>> "Paul Lalonde"  9/4/01 11:58:56 AM

I think the original responder assumed that you had a second router
that you
could use.

Theoretically, the only way to upgrade a single router like this would
be by
removing the existing flash memory SIMM and replacing it with another
flash
memory SIMM that had the IOS version you need.  Perhaps a friend may
help?

At the least, you'll need a second router (and connect them
back-to-back
with the serial ports) or a token ring hub / token ring NIC in your
workstation.

Paul Lalonde

""ietobe""  wrote in message
> How to do it?
>
> Tks
>
> ietobe
> CCNP CCDP
> ""Jason""  wrote in message
> > Have you consider using the serial port ? ;-)
> >
> > ""ietobe""  wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >     does anybody know how to upgrade ios version on 2502, as you
know
> do
> > > not have a token ring card on my pc or any other rouer. The
router
does