I had a similar issue using NAT 0 0 0 (5.3.1) between three PIX's. It
would work for a while and then it wouldn't, very sporadic!!! After much
hair pulling I ended up keeping the same code but going with the static
(inside,outside) command. Lesson learned, do NOT use NAT 0!!!

Thanks!
  -g

--

........The truth shall set you free........
...Success is a journey not a destination...

George Harper
Network Engineer, Sr
CCDP, CCNP

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Bill Carter stated:

BC>Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 15:55:36 -0400
BC>From: Bill Carter
BC>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BC>Subject: PIX - NAT 0 problems this weekend [7:18471]
BC>
BC>Last week I talked with some TAC engineers about running NAT 0 on a PIX.
BC>This weekend I upgraded a customers site by placing Web servers in a DMZ.
BC>For various reasons, I did not want to privately address the web servers
and
BC>use static translations.  Some TAC engineers said there are ongoing
BC>discussions about whether to use NAT 0 or Static translations to the real
BC>addresses.
BC>
BC>During our cutover I learned what they were talking about...;>
BC>
BC>This involved a PIX 515 running 5.3(1).
BC>
BC>10:15pm -  nat (DMZ) 0 0 0.  I threw in the command, moved to my PC on the
BC>outside segment, typed in http://X.X.X.10.  Viola!! Up came my web page.
BC>Done, I'm ready to head for the hotel!!!   But first, the client ordered
BC>take out (Free Dinner!!) and it was time to eat.  Had some pretty good
BC>Vietnamese food while discussing how smooth everything went...
BC>
BC>10:45pm - After dinner. From my PC I try to hit the web page. DDOOOHH!!!
No