Request for a help.

On a cisco 7200 series (router coneected as gateway router), I have
configured to HSSI ports on router 1 as one for Transmit and other for
receive. At other end on router 2, it is vice versa and router is connected
to intranet. The encapsulation is frame relay, point-to-point link with IP
address defined on each interface using 255.255.255.252 subnet.

In above configuration, can I ping the transmit interface of router 1 from
my router 2?

(The answer appears to me as no but I would like to confirm)

Kiran