When you use the term journalist in conjunction with Larry Seltzer, you
need to use quoties...as in "journalist".....sadly there are some circles
where he is taken seriously....

                    "Don
Claybrook"

cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     One Journalist's
Opinion of CCIE [7:18843]

nobody@groupstudy

.com

                    09/06/2001
02:31

PM
                    Please respond
                    "Don
Claybrook"

I just ran across this one in Fortune Small Business.  Below is an excerpt.
The journalist (Larry Seltzer) is attempting to give tips on how to hire
technical consultants to do work for your small business.  He's talking
about
how certifications aren't as important as one might think:

"When looking for qualified help, don't read too much into a consultant's
alphabet soup of certifications. They don't signify ability, just as my
political science degree doesn't make me your next President. Terms like
CCIE
(Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert) indicate only successful completion
of
the program and minimal competence in the product."

I wish I knew this guy's email address.  Anyway, I thought the group might
get
a kick out of it.  Here's the link in case you want to read the whole
thing:
http://netbusiness.netscape.com/fsb/features/sp_f_090601_1.psp

Don Claybrook
CCNP, CCDP (but not yet up to the minimal competence level of CCIE)