Hello all:

I am having problems configuring Ipsec with ISAKMP with preshared keys, when
I am using hostnames, when the keys are linked to hostnames, rather than
addresses.  Here is what I have observed

* When I link the Isakmp key to an address of the peer router, everything
works cool - the ISAKMP SA is built, the Ipsec SA is built, and traffic goes
through fine.

* The routers can discover each other through hostnames just fine, because I
have set up the ip host lists to do so.  For example, router A can ping
router B using its hostname (b.office.com) because I have set up ip host
lists linked to the addresses of all routers.  So, when I'm sitting at
router A, I can type the command "ping b.office.com" and it works fine.

* Then I try to use ISAKMP, where the preshared keys are linked to
hostnames, not addresses.  For example, I got the commands "crypto isakmp
key myisakmpkey hostname a.office.com" and "crypto isakmp identity
hostname", just like what the documentation says to do.

But now, Ipsec  doesn't work.  Every time I invoke traffic that matches the
ipsec access-list, the Isakmp SA is never built.   I do "debug crypto
isakmp", and I see the following error:

1w3d: ISAKMP: received ke message (1/1)
1w3d: ISAKMP: local port 500, remote port 500
1w3d: ISAKMP (0:1): No Cert or pre-shared address key.
1w3d: ISAKMP (0:1): Can not start Main mode
1w3d: ISAKMP: 10.1.1.253      not in host cache
1w3d: ISAKMP (0:1): Can not start aggressive mode.
1w3d: ISAKMP (0:1): purging SA.
1w3d: ISAKMP (0:1): purging node 1802417347

Then, when I change the ISAKMP key to link it back to an address, not a
hostname, everything's cool again.  So basically I conclude that the key is
not properly linking to the hostname (even though the hostname is linked to
the proper address via an ip host statement).

Has anybody else ever encountered this problem?  I have tried this on
12.2(T) and 12.1(T) with the same results.  Anybody find some kind of
workaround?