>I know this is a stupid question but u guys have to answer.....  I
>have 2502 and a SMC MAU and want to connect
>my 2502 with it.... but when i use a simple straigt cable to router and
MAU
>they both just tick and tick and router dont
>get into the ring.... should i have to use other cable or i have to
RING-IN
>the MAU with RING-OUT ..... but how is this
>done and to which port and what cable.

Don't know exactly about the 2502 but my 2504 works by using a normal
DB9-ICS
straight cable.

In my opinion problems could arise if your relais are stuck or you are
using different ring-speeds
on the same MAU.

DO NOT USE the Ring-in/Ring-out for connecting the router !

Tip:
0. Use CCO (Cisco Online) and the usual suspects err searchpages :0)

1. http://members.aol.com/mcapage1/8228tool.htm
This is a page with info on self-assembling a MAU-test-tool.

2. Check your ring-speed on router (and other connected devices)
(router)#sh int to0

3. Use the debug commands in global mode
(router)#debug token ring
or
(router)#debug token events

4. Disconnect any other device than the router and try again

cu
Holger