Never Hire a Certification, Hire a person.

A Certification is a measure of a person's ability to achieve a standard of
intellectual knowledge and rate themselves among their peers in the industry.

CCIE's are people and like people their personal work habits, level of on
the
job proficiency, ability to design networks, and ability to troubleshoot
problems will vary significantly.

Networking is a very vast field and continues to expand everyday.  Just
because
a person passes the bar does not make them a real estate lawyer.  After the
bar
exam then an attorney will then specialize in one area of law.  It is
impossible for a newly passed CCIE to know everything about networking.  In
fact probably 50% or more of the material learned for the CCIE exam will
never
be used by a CCIE again.  Why? Because networking is constantly changing.
Five
years from now the CCIE exam will probably have many new protocols that are
not
even invented yet and a lot of the current protocols will have dropped off
of
the exam scope.

A truly successful CCIE, Networking Engineer, is one that continues to study
and excel in their own area of networking while keeping sharp the basic
underlying skills of networking.

I believe the CCIE certification is a personal goal to see if I can measure
up
to my peers in the Industry.  I also believe that it is a good thing to have
on
a resume to catch the interest of a company to get an interview.  It is NOT
guaranteed ticket for success.  Once you get the interview and the job a
CCIE
must then rely on their own talent, knowledge, and experience to win the job
and guarantee a high salary.

Buddy Jenkins