Dao;

In the case of your scenario where you seem to be
asking about the difference between 802.11b APs
between sites instead of modems, the APs would
effectively be 11MB/sec Bridges while the modems would
be far more limited in throughput, and therefore a
bottleneck by comparison. Modems however would be more
reliable during bad weather, especially rain; but much
slower under all conditions.

Your distance limitations for the 802.11b APs will be
a function of their output power, receiver
sensitivity, and the types of antennas used. Highly
directional Yagi antennas would be best for point to
point links. Keep the cable runs to the antennas
short, and use high quality cable of the proper type.
A properly designed system can realize a point to
point range of almost 10km under ideal conditions.
Antennas should also be higher above the ground as
distance increases due to what is refferred to as a
fresnel zone, which is basically a conflict between
the direct line of sight energy and energy reflected
back up from the ground. As I mentioned earlier,
weather conditions, especially rain and high humidity
will cause drop outs and sporadic performance.

Perhaps you would want to engineer a dial backup line
using a modem if the primary 802.11b link fails.

The 802.11a spec will provide much higher power levels
and therefore longer ranges, but is not yet widely
available.

--- Dao Ngoc An  wrote:
> Anyone could tell me the diferences between use
> Router - Modem - Modem Router
> & Aironet-Aironet. I mean which case is better.
> If I use LAN (10/100Mbps) & Wireless (10Mbs), I
> don't know How is speed,
> Pls help me.
> Thanks
> Best Regards