He probably wouldn't.
I think we would take on the chin, the same criticism that was aimed in your
direction. Nobody is perfect.
As a Brit who has served in Ireland along side friends shot down by
terrorists, I still had a feeling of guilt that we had caused the problems
in the first place. That doesn't mean I sympathised with the terrorists.
The Brit's have caused their share of suffering over the years, and like
most European countries, notably Germany, are beginning to be taught, from a
young age, more about our history with less bias.
I would say that a few US members of the Group have 'visited' other
countries in the last 30 years or so and been in some doubt whether they are
doing the 'Right Thing'.

We undoubtedly still don't get the whole truth about things going on in the
world today.
Some of the sights I saw during the Gulf war made me more sympathetic to
other nations. Thousands of Iraqi's were pushed into a war by their
dictator, having been brainwashed and facing torture or death if they didn't
fight, with no weapons, no training, no food, no ammunition, no
communications. We were greeted like liberators by the begging, surrendering
Iraqi's. When you see the family photographs in the wiped out bunkers it
brings it home.
Right/Wrong is a close call sometimes and we do tend to pigeon hole entire
nations when most of the nation have as much (or probably less) control over
their nations policies as you or I.

Something needs to be done. I really don't know whether the Gung-Ho approach
will do it. The terrorists immediately become Martyrs and rally their
nation.
That's probably the sole reason that Saddam Hussein is still around today.

I have no answers,

Which is especially unfortunate as I have a CIT exam in 9 hours.

Our British hearts go out to the people of the US during these terrible
times.
You'll pull through, you always do.

""Curtis Phillips""  wrote in message
> I am curious if our non-American friend would attempt to defend the
British
> government and their history of "foriegn
> policy"?

The