Hi,

I think you might find the "D" channel sets up the link to the ISDN switch
and does some communication with it.  When making the call to the IP address
and the other end this is done via the "B" channels.  When creating
different dialer interfaces each uses a different "B" channel to communicate
and the "D" channel is used to setup the call via the ISDN switch.
Therefore on the first call the "D" channnel will be brought up and
communications will start with the ISDN switch.  The line is setup (TEI,
Speeds etc) number of the remote end is dialed and called.  This might
require a "D" channel is brought up or it might indeed be up to the remote
end.  Once up the "B" channels setup the end to end call and authentication
takes place.  After successful authentication the protocol negotiations take
place establishing the IP addresses etc.

I realise this is not complete but gives a rough idea of what happens.  You
can indeed use one dialer interface to call 2 different remote sites if
required.  Each on its own "B" channel.   You can indeed spread these across
a number of "B" channels on multiple PRI's if required.

Just some thoughts.

Teunis,
Hobart, Tasmania
Australia