Me thinks you got it!!  DE, amber frames on the switch, are packets
that exceeded the CIR for the particular circuit.  If there is no
congestion then your DE packets will most likely get thru which is why
lots of DE's in and of themselves are not that important but in
conjunction with congestion you have issues, they go from DE's to red
(dropped) frames.

  Dave

--
David Madland
Sr. Network Engineer

"Emotion should reflect reason not guide it"