Hey everybody,
Have 2 2524's running in my lab, with the 60 pin
DTE/DTE cable connecting the 2 serial ports, no
DSU/CSU.  How do I config one as the DTE and one as
the DCE, with IOS 11.1, running frame-relay

is the command:  frame-relay intf-type dce
enough?

I get a lot of interface resets/carrier transitions
take a look:

Encapsulation FRAME-RELAY, loopback not set, keepalive
set (10 sec)
  LMI enq sent  0, LMI stat recvd 0, LMI upd recvd 0
  LMI enq recvd 0, LMI stat sent  0, LMI upd sent  0,
DCE LMI down
  LMI DLCI 1023  LMI type is CISCO  frame relay DCE
  Broadcast queue 0/64, broadcasts sent/dropped 0/0,
interface broadcasts 0
  Last input never, output never, output hang never
  Input queue: 0/75/0 (size/max/drops); Total output
drops: 0
  Queueing strategy: weighted fair
  Output queue: 0/64/0 (size/threshold/drops)
     Conversations  0/1 (active/max active)
     Reserved Conversations 0/0 (allocated/max
allocated)
     0 packets input, 0 bytes, 0 no buffer
     Received 0 broadcasts, 0 runts, 0 giants
     0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0
ignored, 0 abort
     2 packets output, 291 bytes, 0 underruns
     0 output errors, 0 collisions, 42 interface
resets
     0 output buffer failures, 0 output buffers
swapped out
     86 carrier transitions
     DCD=up  DSR=up  DTR=up  RTS=up  CTS=up
thanks