Dennis,
I have to agree with that.  A good example is my own experience:
I work for a large telco and see many variations of network platforms every
day.  I recently went to the Networkers and was blown away by all the
miniscule concepts that I just DON'T SEE and DON'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT!  A
very humbling experience, I must admit.  As a matter of fact, one of the
proctors gave this piece of advice:  Even the config aspects that one would
consider easy (access lists, IPX, interface setups, etc.) will really grab
you when you are dealing with all the volume and time constraints of the lab
itself.  Personally, I try to drill on these at least 15-30 minutes a day
just to stay fresh.
My .02c,
Rob H.      NP, DP, blah,blah,blah...........