From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
king kaung
Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2001 7:02 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: apple machine and cisco switch problem [7:20825]

Hi All,

I have big problem with our apple machines. Last week, I replaced my old

3Com switches to cisco 3524 switches. Then most of my apple machine can
not
see each other(cannot access appleshare)but it can see and can access PC

Servers. I try to configure the speed and duplex according apple's NIC
specification on individual ports. But some of the apple machine still
cannot see. I put those Mac machines back to 3Com switch and it works
again.

We don't have zone setting on apple machines.The protocols are all
default.Our network is flat network and no subnet, no VLAN.

Anything I miss out to configure on my Cisco switches? Or any special
setting for apple machines I need to set?

Many thanks,
Moe.