From: sam sneed [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2001 01:42
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Secondary address on router [7:21576]

Hello group,

 I have a question that could probably be easily anwered. We are changing
our subnet mask to add a new network. Its is on a 4700 router with ip
classless setup. We use real IP's but i'll but private ones on the example..
Ex. eth0 is now 172.16.10.0/24. I want to split this network in half so I
wish to make eth0 172.16.10.0/25 and eth1 172.16.10.128/25. Eth0 leads to
our production network. I want to have this change over with zero downtime.
The Ip address on the interface (172.16.10.1) must stay the same. Is there
anyway to change the subnet mask only with zero downtime? UNIX allows you to
put 2 statements on a singel line split by a ; . Does cisco ios have
something simliar?

sam sneed