I am considering writing a book for the CSS1.  Since I've already written
the CCIE Security book a lot of the information will be repeated.  But, I
don't really want to compete with CP for the long term.  However, as you
stated they are still a ways from having all 4 books done.  If I had enough
interest I would probably put one out so that people don't have to wait
several months.

John Kaberna
CCIE #7146
NETCG Inc.