Vijay,

My comments are included below:

Debbie

--- Vijay Patankar  wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a small ospf scenario and I need some help:
>

>        R4----------------R1---------------(s0)-bbr1
>         |                  |                    |
>         |     ofpf 1       |                    |
>         |                  |                    |
>         |     area 0       |                    |
> ospf area 999
>         |                  |                    |
>         R4-----------------R3                   |
>          |                                      |
>          |                                      |
>          |--------------------------------(s1)- bbr2
>

>         Both the routers bbr1 and bbr2 are in area
> 999
>         on router bbr2 there are 6 loop back
> addresses
>         loop 2 ip add 132.56.2.1/24
>         loop 3 ip add 132.56.3.1/24
>         loop 4 ip add 132.56.4.1/24
>         loop 5 ip add 132.56.5.1/24
>         loop 6 ip add 132.56.6.1/24
>
> I need to resolve the following issues ssues:
>
> a) all the loopback addresses on bbr2, show up as
> /32 in area0

This is normal. Loopbacks are advertised as "host
routes", meaning they show up as /32s and not their
"true" mask.

To allow the route table to see the true mask you can
use one of the following commands;
1. under the interface, such as
interface loopback0
ip address 132.56.1.1 255.255.255.0
ip ospf network point-to-point

2. or, under the ospf process
   area 999 range 132.56.0.0 255.255.240.0

> b) i need to summarise these loopback address to /20
> on bbr1

This above "area 999 range" command should solve this
problem also.

> c) block these addresses on bbr2 from being
> re-distributed into area 0

Under the ospf process, enter
distribute-list 11 out

access-list 11 deny 132.56.0.0 0.0.16.255
access-list 11 permit any

>    but at the same time allow the ospf neighbor
> relationship between
>    bbr2 and r4 to be maintained.
>
> I think I can use
> - route-map, filter-list and/or distribute list
>
> How can I resolve these issues... brief configs on
> route-map etc will be
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Vijay