From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
news.rev.net
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 9:25 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Cat 5009 upgrade - request assistance [7:23518]

Folks,

I have access to a 1995 vintage Cat 5000 and would like to use it in my home
lab.  It has 8m dram and 4m flash on a Sup 1 ws-x5009 and ver 2.45.  My goal
is to upgrade this to the higgest IOS rev possible.  I am not clear on how
to go about doing this,  i.e. how much memeory the sup will support, where I
can get additional memory, how much it will cost, what is the highest
supported rev and is this sufficient for CCIE study.  I am tempted to
purchase a loaded sup 3 to avoid the headaches but would prefer to use the
cash in other parts of my lab.  I would appreciate input from anyone in the
group who could advise on the proper course of action.

Thanks

Tom Gardiner