It appears that the console port baud rate has been changed.  Have you
tried changing the baud settings in your terminal software?  If not, try
1200, 2400, and 4800 as well as 9600.

HTH,
John

>>> "robert"  10/19/01 1:39:01 PM >>>
Does anyone know how to change or erase the boot register on a Cisco
2621
Series Router?

I changed the value yesterday, and in that process I inserted a typo,
now
the router doesn't boot. (not even in rommon, or when you press
Ctrl-Break
during the boot cycle) Just hangs with a blinking cursor and displays
jibberish when I type something.(and to note the enter key doesn't seem
do anything)

For example:
?0H+!e&+h%??g?K

?x?+!\D+?%??

Is there a jumper or chip that I can remove to flush the contents, or
erase
the eprom?