Hi All...

I have a question... I remember reading somewhere that it was possible to
split two B channels of a BRI line between two routers. Here is my layout...

ISDN Network --> Adtran NT1 ACE --> S/T#1 --> Router1 S/T#2 --> Router2

Things work great if I config to have both B channels on one router, or have
just one B channel on one router. However when I split them, the first
router to boot contacts the ISDN switch and gets two TE assigned, even
though I have only one SPID config'ed on the BRI interface. When the second
router contacts the switch to get a TE it gets an error, TE not assigned,
terminal down state.

Here are the relivent configs and show outputs. Any ideas what is a miss
here?

TIA

----- Router 1 -----
interface BRI0
 ip address 172.20.10.1 255.255.255.0
 encapsulation ppp
 no ip route-cache
 no ip mroute-cache
 dialer idle-timeout 900
 dialer map ip 172.20.10.2 name r3 broadcast 6025551212
 dialer-group 1
 isdn switch-type basic-ni
 isdn spid1 60255513131111
 ppp authentication chap

------ Show ISDN Status Router 2 -----
Global ISDN Switchtype = basic-ni
ISDN BRI0 interface
        dsl 0, interface ISDN Switchtype = basic-ni
    Layer 1 Status:
        ACTIVE
    Layer 2 Status:
        TEI = 88, Ces = 1, SAPI = 0, State = MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED
        TEI 88, ces = 1, state = 5(init)
            spid1 configured, no LDN, spid1 sent, spid1 valid
            Endpoint ID Info: epsf = 0, usid = 0, tid = B
    Layer 3 Status:
        0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)
    Active dsl 0 CCBs = 0
    The Free Channel Mask:  0x80000003
    Total Allocated ISDN CCBs = 0

----- Router 2 -----
interface BRI0
 ip address 172.20.10.2 255.255.255.0
 encapsulation ppp
 no ip route-cache
 ip ospf demand-circuit
 no ip mroute-cache
 dialer idle-timeout 900
 dialer map ip 172.20.10.1 name r4 broadcast 6025551313
 dialer load-threshold 80 outbound
 dialer-group 1
 isdn switch-type basic-ni
  isdn spid2 60255512121111 6025551212
 ppp authentication chap

------ Show ISDN Status Router 2 -----
Global ISDN Switchtype = basic-ni
ISDN BRI0 interface
        dsl 0, interface ISDN Switchtype = basic-ni
    Layer 1 Status:
        ACTIVE
    Layer 2 Status:
        TEI = 82, Ces = 1, SAPI = 0, State = TEI_ASSIGNED
        TEI Not Assigned, ces = 2, state = 1(terminal down)
            spid2 configured, spid2 NOT sent, spid2 NOT valid

--
John Hardman CCNP