John,

The message you're seeing might require you to remove the LDN from the 'isdn
spid' statement on each router. I know this is how you had it configured on
one router already, but try it on both.

Eg.  isdn spid1 60255513131111

However, ensure that you configure only 'isdn spid1' on each router. Don't
configure 'isdn spid2' on either.

Check out the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/129/bri_invalid_spid.html

Let me know!
Paul

""John Hardman""  wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Well your advice and a timely bit of telco magic (they called me right
after
> I posted, don't know what they did, nor do I think they do either ;-) the
TE
> problems have been solved.
>
> However I am now getting this...
>
> 00:03:55: %ISDN-4-INVALID_CALLEDNUMBER: Interface BR0, Ignoring call, LDN
> and Ca
> lled Party Number mismatch
>
> Number mismatch... humm... any ideas? I have tried playing with the dialer
> map number and the LDN number to no avail.
>
> BTW the config now matches to the advice from Paul.
>
> TIA
> --
> John Hardman CCNP
>

> ""Paul Lalonde""  wrote in message
> > Hi John,
> >
> > Two things I've noticed.
> >
> > If you use basic-ni as the ISDN switch, you should configure your 'isdn
> > spid' statement as follows. Note that you include the LDN (local dial
> > number) in the SPID with no area code:
> >
> > On router #1:
> >
> > isdn spid1 60255513131111 5551313
> >
> > On router #2:
> >
> > isdn spid1 60255512121111 5551212
> >
> > ALSO... *don't* configure 'isdn spid1' on router #1 and 'isdn spid2' on
> > router #2. Instead, configure 'isdn spid1' on BOTH routers. Both routers
> > should then pick up the relevant TEI from the ISDN switch. 'spid2' is
only
> > valid if you've already defined 'spid1' on the unit.
> >
> > I've been successful doing this a number of times. Let me know how it
> works.
> >
> > Paul
> >

> > ""John Hardman""  wrote in message
> > > Hi All...
> > >
> > > I have a question... I remember reading somewhere that it was possible
> > > split two B channels of a BRI line between two routers. Here is my
> > layout...
> > >
> > > ISDN Network --> Adtran NT1 ACE --> S/T#1 --> Router1 S/T#2 -->
Router2

> > > Things work great if I config to have both B channels on one router,
or
> > have
> > > just one B channel on one router. However when I split them, the first
> > > router to boot contacts the ISDN switch and gets two TE assigned, even
> > > though I have only one SPID config'ed on the BRI interface. When the
> > second
> > > router contacts the switch to get a TE it gets an error, TE not
> assigned,
> > > terminal down state.
> > >
> > > Here are the relivent configs and show outputs. Any ideas what is a
miss
> > > here?
> > >
> > > TIA
> > >
> > > ----- Router 1 -----
> > > interface BRI0
> > >  ip address 172.20.10.1 255.255.255.0
> > >  encapsulation ppp
> > >  no ip route-cache
> > >  no ip mroute-cache
> > >  dialer idle-timeout 900
> > >  dialer map ip 172.20.10.2 name r3 broadcast 6025551212
> > >  dialer-group 1
> > >  isdn switch-type basic-ni
> > >  isdn spid1 60255513131111
> > >  ppp authentication chap
> > >
> > > ------ Show ISDN Status Router 2 -----
> > > Global ISDN Switchtype = basic-ni
> > > ISDN BRI0 interface
> > >         dsl 0, interface ISDN Switchtype = basic-ni
> > >     Layer 1 Status:
> > >         ACTIVE
> > >     Layer 2 Status:
> > >         TEI = 88, Ces = 1, SAPI = 0, State =