I recently purchased and have been reading through Integrating Voice and
Data Networks by Scott Keagy, available from CiscoPress.  I must say
that this is a truly excellent book and I wish I'd had this months ago.
It would have saved me from learning a lot of lessons the hard way.

It does a great job of explaining various voice technologies and WAN
design considerations.  It has some wonderful sections of codecs and how
to choose the right one for your application.  Especially helpful to me
is the section on frame relay which has a great explanation of FRTS.

I'm only about a third of the way through the book and I've learned
stuff already that we immediately applied to our network to improve our
VoIP quality.  If you're in the market for a good book on
Voice-over-whatever, you must buy this book.

Regards,
John