First of All, Congrats and well-wishes to all those who have passed the
CCIE-written.....

I have a question for you....I will be taking the CIT on Tuesday, and with
God's grace, and my continued study, I have faith I will pass. CCNP tests
will be a thing of the past at that point, but then WHAT????? Lots of people
that I have run into say that the CCDA/DP route is the next best thing to
taking the IE-written. I have a corporations training budget behind me, so
it wouldn't be a problem for me to get some hands-on exp with routers
training-wise(I do have some already), as well as getting all of the study
materials that I need to get the IE-written out of the way, as well as the
lab. For those of you who know, I work right next to the CCIE networking lab
in Raleigh, NC(www.cnl.ncsu.edu), so live equipment training would be
attainable for me. Is it reasonable to simply go for the IE-written, or in
lieu of everything stated above, I still should go the Da/DP way first. All
you "pending" CCIE's....Please ADVISE!!!!

Wish me luck on Tuesday,

Jason