Without hesitation I'd suggest doing the CCDA/DP tests unless you're
really in a hurry to get the CCIE written out of the way.  They really
help fill in some knowledge gaps.  The CCNA/NP track gives you a grasp
of the technologies but it doesn't really provide the best design
skills.  The design track helps you to understand how everything fits
together and helps you to spot the implications of your configuration
choices.

My $.02,
John

>>> "Clark Jason"  10/26/01 2:40:05 PM >>>
First of All, Congrats and well-wishes to all those who have passed
the
CCIE-written.....

I have a question for you....I will be taking the CIT on Tuesday, and
with
God's grace, and my continued study, I have faith I will pass. CCNP
tests
will be a thing of the past at that point, but then WHAT????? Lots of
people
that I have run into say that the CCDA/DP route is the next best thing
taking the IE-written. I have a corporations training budget behind me,
so
it wouldn't be a problem for me to get some hands-on exp with routers
training-wise(I do have some already), as well as getting all of the
study
materials that I need to get the IE-written out of the way, as well as
the
lab. For those of you who know, I work right next to the CCIE
networking lab
in Raleigh, NC(www.cnl.ncsu.edu), so live equipment training would be
attainable for me. Is it reasonable to simply go for the IE-written, or
in
lieu of everything stated above, I still should go the Da/DP way first.
All
you "pending" CCIE's....Please ADVISE!!!!

Wish me luck on Tuesday,

Jason