According to Cisco, no ip route-cache cef actually turns cef switching off
on that interface, if cef is enabled globally.  If you are trying to enable
cef then you shouldn't use this command on the interface.  Try these links,
below them is an example from a production router using cef per packet
accross different interfaces with cef enabled globally:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios113ed/cs/csprtx/
csswcmd.htm

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/12cgcr/switc
h_r/xrcef.htm