Here's just a couple of thoughts that might help, although I'm certainly no
CiscoWorks guru.

1.  Make sure you have the latest / greatest version of CisoWorks.  I know
that should be obvious, but I can tell you from personal experience that
they are changing it A LOT!!

2. Grab a freebie syslog server off the Internet (I use one from Kiwi which
works great), have your devices send the syslogs to it, and see what the
messages look like there.  That might give you an indication on whether it's
CiscoWorks or the devices that's the culprit.  For Kiwi's free syslog
server, go to www.kiwi-enterprises.com.

3.  Switch to OpenView.  :-)

Best of luck,

Brian Wilkins