Richard Botham wrote:

I see what you mean about "direct encapsulation" now.  I see how that would
be fine if these are 2 ends on a point to point (many times when I setup
DLSW in the past, the two routers at the end of the tunnel were spread apart
across the WAN with many routers in between, so using IPs was the only way
we could do it).

> I take it that the  would be the dlci of the remote
> peer's interface ?

About the only suggestion (which I'm sure you've tried) is to use the local
DLCI in the command.......

frame-relay map llc2

But other than that I'm outta guesses =)

Mike W.