That is a good price for a 4000M with those mods, but I've had hardware
problems with 4xxx routers in the past.  The 25xx stuff seems to be quite a
bit more stable.

According to the lab equipment list:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/625/ccie/certifications/routing.html
Yes, it looks like there might be a 4000 series router in the lab...  :)

A 2520 or 2521 will also do a good job as a frame-switch.  I like the 2522
because it has a total of 10 DB60 serial ports (that's what we use in our
five online racks).  The 2520 and 2521 have (4) DB60 serial ports and should
do an adequate job in most home labs/

Good luck, and let me know if you have anymore questions.

thanks,
-Brad Ellis
CCIE#5796
Network Learning Inc